Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Holy Balls

I had one goal while dressing today. One. To put together an outfit that I could both wear to the club and outside of the club. Seems simple enough, right? It probably would be if I was someone else.

I spent a freaking fortune putting this thing together. First, I started with the skirt and top, (which is actually just the top of a tube dress) which I already owned. Then I decided it needed a sweater, but I didn't have one that worked. I did, however, have a little shrug from Boom that looked good, but it was in the wrong color. So I picked it up in tan (125L). Then, because I'm working on my hair collection, since I've changed colors, I spent an hour trying on hair and then picked up two from Wasabi Pills (500L for two hairs.) So far, this is acceptable. The hair is an investment, and the sweater was pretty cheap.

Now is when things go off the rails. The outfit is just kind of... meh. So I decide I need a pair of socks. But they need to be over the knee socks. I don't have any that really work. So I turn to marketplace and look up Miel, because they usually have exactly what I need. And lo and behold, a pair of socks like I'm picturing! I buy them in brown (225L). I put them on. The color is all wrong. I return to MP and buy them in maroon (225L). The color now works, but something is still really off.

I decide it's a shoe problem. I need a pair of boots. I go back to Miel. I buy their new boots (525L). I put them on. I decide I hate the socks and remove them.

I weep for the state of my brain and decide I hate the entire outfit but refuse to change. So here you go. And the grand total of what I spent on ONE outfit? 1600L. Oy.



On a side note though, Wasabi Pills has cute mesh hair. And I actually like their reds. So score!

What I'm wearing:
Skirt: Fishy Strawberry
Shirt: Onyx
Sweater: Boom
Boots: Miel
Jewelry: Je Suis
Hair: Wasabi Pills

Until next time!

xoxo
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment