Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Yard Sale and a Meme!

I went to the Arcade yesterday and lost my mind. Please help me recover it. Last seen wearing flip flops and too much pink. D:

090313

Yard Sale Here!

Also, I'm willing to trade anything there for the Verspertine Autumn bed.

And because this wasn't a long enough post already, I decided to do Strawberry Singh's meme for the first time ever:

Meme instructions: Answer the following questions about windlight settings and share some that you’ve created yourself.

Do you use windlight while taking pictures? If not, why not? Always.

When taking a closeup snapshot for a profile picture, which windlight preset do you use most often? It really depends... Most of the time when I'm taking a portrait I don't bother with shadows, so I usually use the CalWL one, which is still my favorite for tooling around SL in. If I am bothering with shadows, then I mess around with a couple of different ones... I usually end up using one of the Strawberry ones.

Which windlight presets do you use for full body portraits? That depends on A LOT of things. Sometimes my mood, sometimes the outfit, and/or the location. Generally speaking, I use either one of Luna's, one of Strawberry's, or one of my own. I'll also play around with some of the presets on FS, and I've used some of Torley's and some of the Phototools ones.

If you do landscape photography, which windlights do you use for that most often? I never really do landscape photography, but if I'm at a location taking a fashion shot, if I think the sim's lighting is flattering to the landscape, I'll play around with it or add a facelight if I have to, to try and knock out the shadows on my face.

Do you have any tricks or tips that you could share for using Windlight effectively? I'm not exactly a great photographer, so any tricks I have are things I've picked up that are probably pretty mediocre... haha. All I can ever say is play with your windlights. It doesn't matter whose I'm using, I always end up changing something on it to try and make it work best for the picture I'm taking.

Have you created any windlights that you would be willing to share with us? Sure, the links to the two I've made and used are below, along with links to examples of them used in pictures:

Bluish White Example

Download Here

Bleached Out Red Example

Download Here

1 comment: