Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Oops, It's Been a While

Layering with mesh is such a bitch. I honestly don't know how to do it successfully. I try... And it just never comes out very well. It's a real drawback to mesh for me, because while I really do love it, it's hard to combine and layer. I think the only thing you can really do is try to mix mesh and non-mesh, which I can do with limited success.

This outfit, for instance, I'm not crazy about. It's mostly mesh... but it really didn't work when I wasn't in a static pose. The shirt went right through the jacket, and it just generally looked ridiculous. So I lost the jacket... and I'm still not crazy about it, though I love all the pieces individually. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is that I'm not loving. Maybe the tank top just doesn't work with the pants? Hm.

With jacket:

061012.png_4_edited


Without jacket: (I bet you guys can figure that part out yourself, huh? I can't help it, I'm anal.)

061012.png_5_edited


Anyway, apologies for the absence. I haven't done much shopping lately and have been kind of busy. The most exciting outfits I've put together recently have been jeans and whatever shirt I find first in my inventory.

Credits:

Shirt: Boyfriend Tank in Navy by Jane
Pants: Capri Dee in Khaki by ColdLogic
Jacket: Combo Jacket Cole in Chocolate/Strawberry (Just the jacket, obviously) by ColdLogic
Shoes: Fae Wedges in Khaki by Pixel Mode
Hair: Anais in Wild Honey by Wasabi Pills
Necklace: 4 Minutes Necklace by Glow Studio
Earrings: MaruMaru Earrings in Brown by Mandala

xoxo
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment