I've always wanted to visit Italy. I've seen the good movies... the cheesy ones, too. And it's all mixed together in my mind in this vision of sun dappled fields and wine soaked days. I suppose I could have both of those things here in Ohio, too, seeing as we're certainly not short on fields... Or wine, for that matter (though I caution everyone who passes through to always avoid the Ohio "wineries." Seriously. Don't buy local.) But our fields are usually packed full of corn, or soybeans, and while wine soaked days in Italy just mean vacation, they probably mean alcoholism here. Anyway, my point is that I have an idea of what Italy might be like, and though I'm sure the reality is different, I can't help but think that the reality will be just as good, better, in fact, than the idea I have in my mind.
So yesterday, I took a trip to Italy. I fell in love with this dress weeks ago, I've tried it on several times, and I've pondered over color choices, asked myself if I would wear it, and if I did, where would I wear it to? But I got it, in the sunny yellow, because summer is near. And I found myself on a street in a small Italian village, searching for the nearest glass of wine, and being checked out by handsome European men. It doesn't get any better than that, right?
Well, yes it does, because soon after, I was sitting in the cafe, having a glass of wine.
Who knows where I'll end up today?
Credits:
Dress: Silk Tucked Pencil Dress in Summer Ikat by Mon Tissu
Shoes: Ribbon Slingback Shoes in Cream by G-Field
Hair: Kirby in Sangria by Truth
Earrings: MaruMaru in Brown by Mandala
xoxo
Erin
No comments:
Post a Comment